Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Sewing, Shish Kabobs and Snow

Whoa it's been awhile!  

Not too much to report.  Proof positive my life isn't that thrilling!  hahaha  (and for that I am thankful!!)

We had our spring break from work last week.....first having the whole family here for Easter (where we broke from tradition and barbecued shish kabobs and hot dogs for our "Easter" meal Friday....and it was GREAT!) and I got lots of grand-baby cuddles; the girls and I went for pedicures Saturday and the whole weekend was just wonderful.  Hubby took Monday off from work so we were able to have a quiet day together.  My week off went so quickly!!!  I started a new project (when I have a million projects already started!) a Buggy Barn project called Hearts Come Home  I have the blocks pieced.  On four there are bits to appliqué....representing the seasons.  I'll do that before I sew the blocks together.  Colours aren't true but here they are:


As per usual, the procrastinator ME worked on getting paperwork ready for the accountant last week too.  I really dislike when something is hanging over my head and I start losing sleep over it so I have to just "do it"!  It really didn't take me long!


Today I was supposed to meet my friend Pam in Calgary.  She was there with her daughter who had surgery.  But this happened:


My family can tell you how much of a chicken I have become when it comes to driving.  I felt so bad!!!!!!  She said she had brought some hand work to do to keep her busy.  :o)

Later on in the day this happened:


Welcome to southern Alberta!!!!!!  ARGH!!!!!

I had a super busy day at work yesterday...we did screening for next years kindergarten kiddos....I had thought it would be an easier day but I was wrong!  I left work feeling super exhausted!  But having plans on meeting Pam today I forced myself to do my housecleaning and some laundry once I got home.  That meant, when plans changed today, I had no chores left to do.  I really accomplished nothing.....I sat and watched several episodes of Call the Midwife on Netflix, crocheted a dishcloth, and made banana bread (the house still smells amazing!).  I didn't have any walnuts (I love my banana bread with walnuts) but it turned out very tasty and I can bring it in my lunch tomorrow (nut free)!



Crappy weather is in the forecast for the next couple of days.  This is the end of April Mother Nature.....come on!!!!!!  Hubby cut the grass on Sunday (just tidied it up) and now there's more snow to come?  I'm sure it won't stick around, like it didn't today.  Good sewing weather and I should work on getting this top done.....and more Kim Diehl houses as the next ones are on the way!  I am NEVER out of projects!!!!  :oP